3 Common Questions About Vape Juice

Posted on: 10 July 2020

If you are new to the world of vaping, you likely have a few questions about vape juice so that you can better understand it. Here are 3 common questions you will want to know the answers to.

What Is Vape Juice Made Out Of?

Four main components create vape juice. The majority of the liquid is made out of vegetable glycerin, followed by nicotine. There is a small amount of propylene glycol and an even smaller amount of the actual flavoring. While it may make sense that there are nicotine and flavorings, you may be wondering why the other two ingredients are used in vape juice. 

Propylene glycol has a thin and runny consistency, which is good for carrying flavorings and diluting the nicotine. Vegetable glycerin is a thick and viscous, resembling more of a gel than a liquid, and helps produce the vapor that is produced when using the vape juice.

Why Is The Amount of Vegetable Glycerin Important?

The amount of vegetable glycerin in the vape juice is a personal preference and is frequently displayed as a percentage on the bottle of vape juice. If a product says it has 75% vegetable glycerin in it, you should assume that the remaining 25% is the propylene glycol. The percentage of flavoring and nicotine is not accounted for in this percentage.

Having a high amount of vegetable glycerin is going to produce bigger vapor clouds when the vape juice is used, while a low amount will have the opposite effect. If someone prefers more flavor than the clouds of vapor, then a product high in propylene glycol can carry that flavor. 

How Do You Choose Your Nicotine Strength? 

You'll also want to know how to choose the strength of nicotine in the vape juice, which can be very confusing if you are switching over from cigarettes. Nicotine is measured by how many milligrams are found in 1 milliliter of vape juice. If you see a vape liquid that says it has 6mg of nicotine, it is proportional to the amount of vape liquid in the bottle, and not that there is only 6mg of nicotine in the entire bottle. It is common to find vape juice with nicotine levels between 0mg and 20mg. Heavy smokers will start on the higher end of the spectrum closer to 20mg, and as someone that is just starting will want to start on the lower end of the spectrum. 

Learn more about your options by contacting suppliers that have products like strawberry banana vape juice 120ml.